Andy van de Ruit

Former Partner

1986 - 2004
Registered Architect

  • 1979: BAS, University of Cape Town, SA

  • 1982: BArch, University of Cape Town, SA

  • 1986: Registered Architect, Architects Council of Zimbabwe (ACZ)
  • 1983-1984: Ministry of Public Construction and National Housing, ZIM
  • 1984-1986: Clinton and Evans Architects, ZIM
  • 1986-2004: Architectural & Planning Studio, ZIM (Mark Claypole, Andy Van De Ruit, Johnathan Atkinson)

Overview

Andy van de Ruit (1957-2004) joined forces with Mark Claypole and started out with Architectural and Planning Studio in 1986. Andy's association with APS continued for 19 years until his tragic death in 2004.

During his time with APS, an extensive and varied portfolio of projects have been successfully completed throughout Zimbabwe. These notably include:

  • The Zimbabwe Institute for Public Administration and Management (ZIPAM) Training Centre, Darwindale
  • World bank offices, Harare
  • Barclays Banks throughout Zimbabwe
  • ZESA Satelite offices throughout Zimbabwe
  • Catholic University, Harare
  • Stanbic Banks throughout Zimbabwe
  • BP & Shell integrated service stations throughout Zimbabwe
  • Engen Service Stations throughout Zimbabwe
  • Old Mutual offices, Harare
  • Peterhouse and Springvale Schools, Marondera
  • Arundel School, Harare
  • Chisipite Senior School, Harare
  • Petra Senior School, Bulawayo
  • The Drugs Control Authority laboratory and offices, Harare
  • The Public Services Medical Aid Society Headquarters (PSMAS), Harare, Bulawayo
  • Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority Headquarters, Harare
  • Truworths headquarters, Harare
  • Prospect Park Business Park, Harare